Asana meets biomechanics in this 3-part online seminar led by Jules Mitchell MS, LMT, ERYT500. This e-course approaches asana through a biomechanical lens, exploring how the musculoskeletal system responds and adapts to asana. Learn basic terminology in the field of biomechanics to help clarify what biomechanics is and how it can influence the way we teach and practice yoga. Through a combination of instructional slides and video clips of live teaching moments, key messages come to life, providing practical and useful tools for anyone curious about human movement.
- Distinguish the differences between anatomy and biomechanics
- Determine specific outcomes for selected poses
- Learn to adjust load parameters to meet desired outcomes
- Challenge the conventional script
- Improve flexibility without stretching
- Outline scenarios that challenge the alignment rules
- Establish approaches to promote safety in asana
- Discover an easy and accessible breathing practice suitable for all
Available for immediate streaming access.
Course includes 3 segments. Practical applications are highlighted with videos of live teaching moments. The entire slide deck in PDF format is provided for download.
Duration: 3.5 hours with 3.5 CEUs