$399 USD early registration
$450 USD starts March 11th
April 1-3, 2022 (Friday-Sunday)
9:00am-12:00pm & 2:00pm-5:00pm
Pacific Time Zone
Join me for my flagship course focusing on the principles that are central to my work in biomechanics. This course is ideal for you if you are new to my work or are looking for a review of key concepts. We will combine lecture and practice so you can immediately apply what you learn. You will also receive the course recordings for 14 days after the event.
If you are a body-nerd, science-buff, or simply curious about how to create positive adaptations through your asana practice, this course is for you.
This 3-day intensive weaves together asana with the basics of biomechanics to take your knowledge and teaching confidence to the next level. The latest research and foundational principles of exercise science are discussed in an easy-to-understand, practical way that builds body awareness and will immediately impact the way you teach and practice yoga.
A sample of discussion and interactive topics include:
- Differentiate between anatomy and biomechanics
- Improve range of motion without stretching
- Discuss where yoga asana fits into load management
- Explore how tendons and similar connective tissues respond and adapt to loads
- Unpack how we define injuries and how to best communicate about them
- Create more clarity and accuracy in alignment cues
- Consider specific cueing and intentional loading to promote mobility and skill
- Examine the fascinating role of pain science in the yoga experience
- Appreciate how to individualize and enhance poses with creative prop placement
- Play with unique and effective tools such as isometrics and resistance stretching